What is the lemon detox diet?
The lemon detox diet is a lemon juice fast that typically lasts for 10 days. This time can be lengthened or shortened if desired.
The lemon detox diet consists of fresh squeezed lemon, pure water, 100% maple syrup, and cayenne pepper.
Each of these ingredients play an important role in the detoxification process, and none of them should be substituted!
Lemon Detox Diet: Tips for Success
- use organic ingredients if available
- do not substitute any of the ingredients (no lemon juice concentrate or maple syrup that contains added sugar; this is important)
- for convenience and best taste, squeeze your daily amount of lemons once in the morning; keep in an airtight jar in the refrigerator
- use ice cold water when you blend your lemon detox drink; this will enhance its detoxifying effect
- if you have never fasted before or are overweight or physically frail, do not exceed 10 days of lemon juice fasting; keep an eye on your side effects, and if they are severe, end your lemon detox diet early
- take probiotic supplements during the week following your lemon detox diet program
- do not eat any solid foods during the lemon detox diet; do not consume any liquids other than the lemon detox drink; one exception is peppermint tea with nothing added
- do not do the lemon detox diet if you are pregnant, nursing, recovering from a serious illness or surgery, or under abnormally high levels of stress
- gradually re-introduce solid foods after your lemon detox to maintain the benefits from your detox
Lemon Detox Diet Ingredients
Lemon juice is a natural cleanser to the liver, intestines and colon. The acid in the lemon dissolves toxins and excess build up in the intestines and colon, and it stimulates bile production in the liver, which then initiates a natural liver cleansing process.
Maple syrup supplies necessary dietary nutrients to maintain brain function and supply energy to the body.
Cayenne pepper speeds up metabolism, promotes circulation, and enhances the release of toxins.
Pure water is a natural medium for the flushing of toxins from the body. No solid food is eaten during the lemon detox diet. This gives the digestive processes of the body, which requires energy from the body that otherwise can be utilized for detoxification and cellular repair, a complete rest. Periodic abstinence from eating is known to enhance cleansing and rejuvenation of the body's organ systems.
The ingredients of the lemon detox drink are assimilated directly into the bloodstream and utilized fully by the body without digestive energy.
Lemon Detox Dangers
- may cause blood sugar imbalance
- may cause moodiness or depression
- rapid change in blood pressure
► minimize lemon detox side effects
Lemon Detox Benefits
- provides overall body detoxification
- eliminates build-up in the large intestine and colon
- gently cleanses liver and gallbladder
- improves digestion
- boosts energy and metabolism
- provides clearer complexion and radiant skin
- the lemon detox is an excellent aid in weight loss