What is the Lemon Detox Diet?
The lemon detox diet is a lemon juice fast that typically lasts for 10 days. This time can be lengthened or shortened if desired.
The lemon detox diet consists of fresh squeezed lemon, pure water, 100% maple syrup and cayenne pepper.
Each of these ingredients play an important role in the detoxification process, and none of them should be substituted.
Lemon Detox Diet: Tips for Success
- use organic ingredients if available
- do not substitute any of the ingredients (no lemon juice concentrate or maple syrup that contains added sugar; this is important)
- for convenience and best taste, squeeze your daily amount of lemons once in the morning; keep in an airtight jar in the refrigerator
- use ice cold water when you blend your lemon detox drink; this will enhance its detoxifying effect
- if you have never fasted before or are overweight or physically frail, do not exceed 10 days of lemon juice fasting; keep an eye on your side effects, and if they are severe, end your lemon detox diet early
- take probiotic supplements during the week following your lemon detox diet program
- do not eat any solid foods during the lemon detox diet; do not consume any liquids other than the lemon detox drink; one exception is peppermint tea with nothing added
- do not do the lemon detox diet if you are pregnant, nursing, recovering from a serious illness or surgery, or under abnormally high levels of stress
- gradually re-introduce solid foods after your lemon detox to maintain the benefits from your detox